Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Appointed From

I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; Proverbs 8:23-24

There is a huge difference between the use of the word “from” and “for”.

In the use of the word “for” means that I was created to live for eternity which sounds great, meaning to say that I know that things on earth is largely temporal and thus, certain things in life takes a lower priority in the light of planning for eternity.

When the word “from” is used, it tells me that I am planned with the end in mind. A plan already laid out for me to run. Now that makes perfect sense as it would then tell me not only to align my priorities for eternity but also means that I have a specific purpose / mission to fulfil on this earth.

Why is this important?

Ever caught yourself “silently” telling yourself that “Life is meaningless” or parents saying things like “You are an accident, not planned”. Well, society adds on by telling you that you are not good enough and you cannot get things right. All these negativity seems to point us to the fact that we are created to be miserable and thus life on earth is just a learning to survive in a “Dog-eat-dog world”

However, it doesn’t have to be that way! God made you for a specific purpose. A reason that you can run through the race of life in a fashion that you feel empowered, because it is made just for you!

Even when we go through trials when operating in our purpose, it is meant to bring us to the next level, strengthen our character so that we can take on more.
So remember, take time finding out the most important aspect of your life, find God, find Life!

0 comments:

 
blog template by freebloggerdesigns.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy