Thursday, February 5, 2009

Living for Eternity

“You will not be judged according to what you did,
but rather according to what you were called to do!”

This was the phase that caught my attention one Saturday afternoon as I was listening to Pastor John Bevere during the weekly service.

A vivid example to illustrate this could be,”Evangelist Anderson, please step forward and give an account of all the souls I called you to lead to Me.” That man may come before Jesus a bit confused and trembling, saying,”Sir, You mean accountant Anderson; right? I am an accountant with my own firm. This was my occupation. I set up many church and non-profit organizations. Those ministries influenced many souls into your Kingdom. Do you have me mistaken for someone else?

The Master may reply,”No, I called you before you were born to win multitudes in Asia to me; give me an account of where they are. If you had obeyed me, you would have been rewarded greatly for all the fruit you harvested for my Kingdom. Now as a result, your works will be burned up, as they were not in obedience to Me.

The above phase and example was a revelation and it caused me to review what I have done thus far.

Pastor John Bevere shared 3 keys on fulfilling your destiny
  1. Have you seek God earnestly? – Not a casual seek, but really finding out with prayer and fasting. Proverbs 2 illustrates this very well. It all starts here.
  2. Have you planted yourself? – A son would reap the best as compared to a servant. You get the idea. Being planted in a church is important. Psalms 92:13 says,”Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.”
  3. Are you entangled? – Leave the past. I find it really helpful that whatever my past, I know that God has given new mercy everyday and thus I can learn to move on with the confidence that God is with me! Weights hold me back from running and completing the race, drop it!

In that 1.5 hours, Pastor John Bevere had us nailed to the chairs with his enthusiasm and the revelation that gripped many. At the end of the sermon, he shared that this was only a chapter “God's Custom House” of the book “Driven by Eternity”.

I bought the book and re-read God's Custom House and I am really blessed by the message that God is indeed building me as His very own custom house, built for a specific purpose for maximum impact to restore God's glory on this earth. Have a read too!


0 comments:

 
blog template by freebloggerdesigns.com : header hand photo by Aaron Murphy